Wednesday 18 April 2012

Dorty Wee Shite - Another blog, and another failed story.

Inspired once more by fellow writer William Couper, I have decided to throw my idea of Dorty Wee Shite out into the ether as it comes into my head. Another of my incredibly feeble minded ideas, but at least some of you may get to read this horrendously inapropriate story.

let me first tell you a little about it though.

Dorty Wee Shite started out as a standalone novel, which is entirley fictional, and bears no resemblence to people or events that may or may not have ever existed. I then read through the early chapters and realised that it could so easily mirror the experiences of The Inbetweeners after they have left university or started on their working lives. As a result I changed the names of my characters, and can now only visualise the story with those characters in it. Now I have come to the realisation that this could never happen, so the project is shelved in some sort of literary no mans land. it wouldn't really fit into a 'Fan Fiction' setting, as it is too far removed from the Inbetweeners school days, and even changing the names again won't remove the characters from my mind. What a dilemma.

So now you know the background, and know that this story wil probably never be finished, I will let you read on. so without further ado, let me introduce to you......"Dorty Wee Shite".

No comments:

Post a Comment